Obgyn In Phoenix: Common Procedures And When It’s Time For A Visit
An Obgyn, or obstetrician-gynaecologist, is a medical professional who’s specialised in both gynaecology and obstetrics. In other words, a doctor that specialises in female reproductive health.
What Does An Obgyn In Phoenix Do?
As Obgyn’s are trained in both obstetrics and gynaecology, these specialists work with:
- Pregnant women
- Delivering babies
- The female reproductive system
- The treatment of conditions such as STIs and chronic pain
Obgyn Common Procedures In Phoenix
The standard in-office gynaecological procedures that Obgyn’s perform include:
- Breast exams and breast health management, including mammograms and other breast cancer screenings
- Treating common problems, such as anaemia
- Management of urinary issues, like urinary incontinence and urinary tract infections
- Infertility counselling and treatments
- Pelvic ultrasounds
- Fertility treatments, such as egg-freezing or egg retrievals for IVF
- STI tests
- Pap smears to test for cervical cancer
Obgyn’s also have surgical training that allows them to perform a range of procedures such as:
- Surgery to repair pelvic organ injuries
- Removing growths, like uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts
- A hysterectomy
- Instrumental deliveries during childbirth
- Caesarean sections
These specialists may mainly work with the female reproductive system. Still, they possess the training to address general health needs such as prescriptions, common ailments, blood work screening, mental health diagnosis, and so on. So, don’t be afraid to open up to your Obgyn about anything that ails you because they can help or in the very least offer up an excellent (and accurate) referral to a specialist.
When Is It Time To Book A Visit To Your Phoenix Obgyn?
As a rule of thumb, you should book your visit to the Obgyn when any discomfort, irregularity or pain occur in your breasts, vaginal area or uterine area. Annual check-ups are highly recommended as well as in the case of suspected pregnancy.
We hope that this blog was helpful and has offered you more information about Obgyn’s and how they can assist you. Book an appointment with us today for treatment and care that you can trust.